Friday, March 4, 2011

Delhi (26-27 Feb, 2011)

I left Jaipur city at 00:50 on 26 Feb to Delhi Railway Station in the same day. The train took 5:35 hrs to the destination, 307 kilometers. It is quite evident that I always used public transportation along living in there, New Delhi has a rapid transportation system as metro and bus. To substantiate my view, I would like to show the metro map which can connect from important place to each other such as Airport, Bus station, Railway station, and Tourist attraction places.

























For example, Dwarka Sector 21 station connects to Indira Gandhi International Airport. Rajiv Chowk stations is a central of metro station which passengers can transit and interchange to other stations.Therefore, I caught the metro from Chandni Chowk (near Delhi RS) to RK Ashram Marg in order to go to the Sunny Loudge Hotel at Pahar Ganj area. The hotel charged Rs 250 per person per night.

Sunny Lodge Hotel

Map

























It is quite evident that I planed my trip by using public transportation and by walk. Therefore, I would like to buy metro day ticket which will be charged about Rs 150 per day. First day, I traveled at India Gate, Himayun's Tomb, and Lotus Temple. I went to Central Secretarial station and walked along the Rajpath Road to India Gate. This way is the best way to India Gate because we will see it along at the end of the particular road and stated the front side of the gate. Thereafter I walked along De.Zakir Hussain Road to Humayun's Tomb which is far 3.5 kilometers from each other. After that I walked along Lidi Road in order to catch the train to Lotus Temple at JLN station to Lalkaji Mandir station (600 meters from the temple).


India Gate
India Gate

Himayun's Tomb Ticket

Himayun's Tomb entrance


Himayun's Tomb

Himayun's Tomb

Himayun's Tomb
Lotus Temple 


Lotus Temple 

















































































































On the next day, I went to Jama Masjid and Red Fort which are located near Chawri Bazar station. Moreover, I went to shopping at Palika Bazar which is underground shopping center at Rajiv Chowk station. 

Jama Masjid





No comments:

Post a Comment